Come Join Our Family
This isn’t just a veterinary job for us, it’s our way of life! We’re always looking for outstanding people to join our veterinary team. If you’re passionate about pets, people, and fun, we welcome you to browse our current openings and apply. Thank you for your interest in Codornices Veterinary Clinic!
Exceptional care for your best friend
If you love animals, and have a desire to help people and their furry family members, and want to grow with a veterinary hospital that focuses on providing excellent patient care to family pets, please read on!
Codornices Veterinary Clinic in Albany California is searching for a full-time Registered Veterinary Technician/ Veterinary Assistant to join the team at our growing practice in the Berkeley area! Our five veterinarians and long-term team are dedicated to delivering excellence by providing state-of-the-art veterinary medicine, sensible and personalized treatment plans, and extraordinary customer service. We value a down-to-earth approach to help people understand veterinary medicine and to promote preventive care.
- Offer a competitive salary
- Provide all employees with an excellent benefits package (PTOs, medical, educational stipends, veterinary care benefit, 401K, and more!)
- Have experience at a veterinary hospital
- Have a strong work ethic and want to join a team that values accomplishing goals together
- Are technology savvy
- Don’t mind working hard because you want a great learning experience
- Want to share your enthusiasm and excitement about working with people and animals
- Are committed to extraordinary patient care and customer service
- Can also maintain grace under fire in a busy environment…
…Then, we want to meet you
Veterinary Receptionist/Client Care Specialist
End every workday knowing you’ve been part of something really special.
A bit about us – We are a busy practice of four veterinarians with varied experiences working with a variety of cat and dog breeds. We are diagnosticians, but also like to think of ourselves as educators and community influencers, with an emphasis on maintaining our position as a state-of-the-art hospital. We are proud that our clients accept us into their families as the primary care provider for their pets. It is our mission to provide the best care possible to pets and their owners in the East Bay Area and our immediate surrounding neighborhoods. We are here to help keep them healthy and safe and are seeking candidates like you to share in our mission – people that wish to fulfill their passion for animals and animal care, looking for growth opportunities within the industry at a great veterinary clinic.
We seek a compassionate, vibrant, observant team member to fill the position of Veterinary Receptionist / Client Care Specialist / Technician Assistant / Pharmacy Technician at Codornices Veterinary Clinic located in Albany, CA (next to Berkeley). The Veterinary Assistant plays an essential role for our DVM’s and clients including learning and assisting with anesthesia monitoring, radiology, dental prophies, educating pet owners, inventory management, answering phone calls, basic over-the-phone triage, scheduling appointments, filling prescriptions, etc. Attention to detail, high standards, respect for people of all lifestyles, ethnicities, and beliefs, a solid work ethic, and motivation to strive for excellence are a must in our high-quality hospital.
At Codornices Veterinary Clinic our clients know we are passionate about giving them stellar service and their pets the very best care, always. We provide a supportive and positive work environment with opportunities for professional growth. We are willing to train the right person to become proficient in multiple skills – both at the front desk and in-hospital care. Bring joy to your workday, and we will provide you the skills to succeed and grow in the veterinary field.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to :
- Greeting clients
- Answering phones
- Excellent detailed electronic record keeping
- Scheduling and confirming appointments
- Checking in and Discharging patients.
- Collect and process payments in person, over the phone, and online
- Complete medical records within veterinary software (will teach)
- Followup calls with clients
- Monitor and respond to emails
- Gather all records needed for appointments
- Assisting the technicians with basic animal restraint
- Completing veterinary prescription orders
- One (1) + years of experience at a veterinary hospital or clinic (or, if not, similar animal-related field)
- A strong work ethic, attention to detail, and desire to join a team that values accomplishing goals together
- Enthusiasm and compassion for working with pet owners and their beloved pets
- A willingness to work hard for an opportunity to learn the industry and how to provide care at the outset of the caregiving experience
- Should be committed to extraordinary customer service and the ability to maintain grace under busy circumstances related to all aspects of the caring experience
- Must be computer savvy and comfortable with electronic record-keeping
- Enjoy working as part of a team, yet able to problem-solve on your own
- Punctual and reliable
- Must have excellent verbal, organizational, interpersonal, and telephone skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Organized and detail-oriented, ability to take direction, ability to handle money accurately and honestly
- Possess sound decision-making skills and multi-task while working in a stressful environment
- General comfort level with dogs and cats of all sizes and temperaments
- Basic pharmacy skills a ++
Our compensation package for our Veterinary Assistants includes:
- Health Insurance
- Vision and Dental Insurance
- 401K retirement matching savings
Professional development opportunities, including tuition assistance
- Paid holidays
- Uniform allowance
- Opportunity to let your passion flourish and grow in a highly organized medical environment
- A chance to make a difference (in the lives of the pet and their guardian)
- Competitive salary that is commensurate with your experience
- An excellent benefits package to include PTO, medical, bonuses, educational stipends, veterinary care for your own pet, and more
- A convenient location near major roads and freeways, while being along public transit routes
Signing/relocation compensation is possible for the right candidate