A Comprehensive Approach To Canine Veterinary Medicine
We recognize that a dog veterinarian’s value is based on their ability to properly prevent, diagnose, and treat any illness that a dog may be suffering from. Our ability to listen and communicate effectively with owners is just as crucial in ensuring that they understand their dog’s health concerns and how to make the best decisions for their dog. As a result, our canine hospital is equipped to handle any surgery, including preventative care and medical diagnosis.
For dogs of all ages, breeds, and circumstances, we specialize in the following canine health services:
- Allergy Testing: While allergies in dogs are rarely life-threatening, they do cause pain and should be treated.
- Anesthesia: We have the facility, equipment, medicine, and expertise to keep your dog as safe as possible while he is sedated.
- Behavior Services: Your dog’s behavior is not entirely inherited, but it can be learned and unlearned with your dedication and our assistance.
- Dental Care: Our dental knowledge and experience can help you avoid and cure dental problems in your dog, such as periodontal disease.
- Dermatology: Our expertise includes detecting and treating your dog’s skin problems before they progress to something more serious.
- Diagnostic Imaging: Our veterinarians use diagnostic imaging to diagnose illness, disease, and other issues so that the appropriate medication can be prescribed.
- Flea & Tick: For your dog’s health and comfort, we use a variety of safe and effective flea & tick prevention and treatment options.
- Heartworm Prevention: We specialize in heartworm prevention and treatment for your dog, as well as education and medical prevention.
- Laboratory Tests: Our in-house laboratory testing services ensure that your dog receives a speedier and more accurate diagnosis or treatment.
- Microchip ID: If your dog is ever lost, stolen, or separated from you, our professional microchip ID services can assist you in identifying him or her.
- Nutrition: Our nutrition education, awareness, and nutritional intervention programs can help keep your dog in good shape.
- Pain Management: Regardless of your dog’s age, ability, or condition, we specialize in individualized, effective, and compassionate pain management.
- Parasite Prevention and Treatment: For some parasite illnesses, prevention and early detection are critical to life.
- Pregnancy: With our extensive experience, we can assist your dog in achieving a successful pregnancy and a happy, healthy litter of puppies.
- Preventive Care: With our complete preventive care program, you can keep your dog healthy and happy all year long.
- Puppy Care: We will work with you to ensure that your puppy receives the finest possible care and that you have all of the knowledge you require to care for your new family member.
- Senior Care: Our detailed senior care protocols and processes will assist you in assisting your dog in aging gracefully, healthily, and happily.
- Semi-Annual Wellness Exams: A cornerstone of preventative care, semi-annual wellness exams are essential for staying on top of chronic health issues and anticipating emerging problems.
- Spay or Neuter: Our meticulous pre-operative, surgical, and post-operative care will ensure that your dog has the safest and most comfortable surgical operation possible.
- Surgery: Our facilities, professional surgeons, and technicians will ensure that your dog is well taken care of prior to, during, and after surgery.
- Vaccinations: Vaccination programs will be tailored to your dog’s age, medical history, environment, travel patterns, and lifestyle by our veterinarians and technicians.
An Emphasis On Dog Nutrition
Our physicians and team at Codornices Veterinary Clinic emphasize the importance of adequate nutrition for your dog at all stages of his life. Whether your dog is a puppy, teenager, adult, or senior, each stage of his or her life has its own set of dietary requirements.
Our doctors can assist you to understand your dog’s nutritional requirements, which include:
- The ideal canned or kibble diet for your dog’s breed, age, and activity level
- Ingredients that are safe to add to your dog’s meal, such as cooked vegetables
- Dog treats that are good for them
- What you should not feed your dog
We can also assist you in developing a unique canine nutrition plan that takes into account factors such as breed, age, size, physical fitness, allergies, and medical issues. A balanced diet is necessary for both promoting and sustaining maximum health in dogs, just as it is in humans. Of course, your dog cannot choose his or her own diet, therefore it is up to you to make appropriate health decisions. Understanding your dog’s nutritional requirements is a crucial part of your responsibilities in ensuring that they live a long and healthy life.
Dog Surgery Options When Necessary
Being properly equipped and prepared to perform dog surgery in a variety of conditions is an important component of running a dog hospital. We understand that no one wants to think about their dog requiring surgery, but rest assured that Codornices Veterinary Clinic is well prepared to help you and your dog through the following procedures:
- Pre-Surgery Protocols
- Surgical Procedures
- Post-op pain management and nursing care
- Aftercare/Rehabilitation (when necessary)
A Commitment To Quality And Empathy In Veterinary Care For Dogs
Our veterinarians, techs, assistants, and front desk staff work together to deliver a compassionate and professional service for you and your dog. Our goal is to ensure that your concerns are answered, that you are properly informed, and that your dog receives the finest care possible from the first phone call.